Friday, May 2, 2014

Come Play In May - Day 2: Define Yourself


Your mission, Kyra, should you choose to accept it, is to define yourself in an uncommon way. I'd say the picture below does just that. I am a virtual running geek. These are some of my really cool race medals. There's Doctor Who 50th Anniversary Half Marathon, the Firefly 14 k and (hidden behind it) the Firefly 14 mile, my Jedi Challenge 10k (Han Solo, frozen in stuff) and my Cyberman Delete Delete Half Marathon. Coming soon will be my Sherlock 22 mile medal.


What this picture doesn't show is that I am a total mush when it comes to dogs. The Doctor Who race raised money for Boston service dogs, The Firefly race raised, and the Sherlock race is currently raising, money for Galgos (Spanish Greyhounds. If you have a heart, look in to their plight.) The Cyberman race raised money for the AMAA Youth Fund, and the Jedi Challenge race raises money for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.

So, there you have it. I am a geek. And I am awesome. At least that's what I am telling myself right now.

Want to come play with us?



7 comments:

  1. han "frozen in stuff"???? you mean carbonite? I don't think you earned that medal. and I might have to defriend you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geeky races?! How have I not heard of these? Did you dress up for any of them? Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are wonderful! I'm curious if you dressed up, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very impressed with how many geek races exist and how cool that you ran them all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm super jealous of your Firefly medals! I've never heard of Firefly races, and I'm secretly a Browncoat. My daughter's middle name is Inara!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that picture is perfect! I didn't even know that there were Firefly and Dr Who races but I love that you ran them. The fact that they raised money all the better!
    :-)
    Traci

    ReplyDelete