Thursday, January 7, 2010

Quick Fix Fish

I wish I'd taken pictures of this Tuesday night before we chowed down. I don't know where this recipe originally came from, but @PhatBFF tweeted the link the other day. Since I hadn't planned anything for dinner I decided this would be good. It was so good even The Aussie ate without complaint.

Oven-baked Crispy Fish Fillets

6 Tilapia fillets (I used tilapia and a leftover cod fillet)
1 large egg beaten (the recipe calls for 2)
1 T water
1/4 cup olive oil
1 t paprika
1 t ground black pepper
1 t salt
1/4 c grated parmesan cheese
1/2 c bread crumbs (I used panko flakes instead of bread crumbs)

I also added a teaspoon of italian seasoning and a teaspoon of garlic powder.

Preheat oven to 375. Spray glass baking dish with cooking spray. Beat the egg(s) and water in a bowl. Combine olive oil with the bread crumbs, grated parmesan and seasonings. Dip the fish in the egg wash and then in the bread crumb mixture. (I patted the mixture in to coat a bit more evenly). Place fish in baking dish. Cook for 12-15 minutes or until cooked through. I actually cooked mine for about 20 minutes because it wasn't as browned as I like. This recipe would work well for any mild white fish.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment