Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Versatile Blogger Award


I love when new readers find there way to my blog. And when they arrive with a present, it's even lovlier. :) A new reader, Brigitte, from Poophees World, has awarded me the Versatile Blogger Award. Thank you so very much!
As part of this award, I have to tell you 7 things about myself, so here goes.

1. I have a watermelon growing in my bed at the community garden.
2. I'm hooked on the True Blood series and the Sookie Stackhouse books.
3. My guilty pleasure is ready trashy romance books (note: the Sookie Stackhouse books don't fall in to the trashy category).
4. I have signed up to run a half marathon in Dallas this December.
5. I love to cook.
6. I'm too much of a mush to watch sad programs on Animal Planet, and the Sarah McLachlan ads and the ones with David Duchovny doing the voice-over just get me. (My two furbabies are rescues and I love them to bits)
7. I went to school in D.C., and some of my twitter pals are alums of the same school.

Now, I get to nominate new bloggers for this award!

I'm Superfantastic
Run Like A Mother
Life Is Not Always Black And White
14 Months To 50
Gazelles on Crack
Learning To Be Less
Good Times Van
Living In A Girl's World
Fat Daddy Rants
Well-Rounded Woman
Physicalee Fit
A couple of these blogs I've followed for a while, like I'm Superfantastic (Lori just ran her first half this weekend!), but most I've just discovered. I hope you enjoy reading them as much as I am enjoying reading their stories and hearing about their journeys.

4 comments:

  1. Hey! Thanks so much for following along, and for the award. Two in one week, I am starting to think I might actually be good at this blogging thing. You are too kind. I look forward to reading your blogs!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea for new blog friends!! I can't wait to read more! I too love the True Blood and the Sookie books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, thanks! And I can officially now tell you from the other side that getting that medal is worth all of the effort. Not so much the medal itself (though I clearly do very much love my medal) but the feeling of accomplishment. Also the insanity that sets in when, by an hour later, you're already trying to figure out what the next race is. Then you realize: I AM A RUNNER. Hot damn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you for the award! that is so nice of you. :) I'm looking forward to reading more of your blog.

    ReplyDelete