Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Chicken Tikka Masala

It's been a while since I did a recipe post, so without further ado, Chicken Tikka Masala. This is a quick and easy style recipe.

1 package of boneless, skinless chicken thighs
lowfat plain yogurt
ginger paste
minced garlic
Patak Tikka Masala paste
1 can diced tomatoes
1 medium onion, diced
1 glug of olive oil

Mix together 1 cup of yogurt, 1 T minced garlic, 1 T ginger paste and 4 T of the tikka masala paste.

Add in cubed boneless skinless chicken thighs. This is about 1 pound of chicken.

Mix together. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
After an hour, heat up a large, heavy pan on medium high. Add your glug of olive oil. Cook the diced onion about 10 minutes, until soft and golden. Sorry, I didn't get the picture of this step.

Stir in the chicken mixture. Turn the heat down to medium low. Cover pan and cook for about 20 minutes.


Add in the can of diced tomatoes. Stir well and cook for another 15-20 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.

Before serving, spoon in about half a cup of the yogurt. Many recipes call for heavy cream, but I used yogurt. One, because I had it, and two, because low fat yogurt is a lot healthier than heavy cream.

Serve on rice with peas. You can also serve with yogurt cucumber sauce.


4 comments:

  1. Oh YUM! YUM YUM YUM! Thanks so much for doing this because I LOVE CTM but have never attempted to make it at home. This looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This recipe looks great! I have a food blog as well as my weight loss journey, so it looks like we have a lot in common! (your dogs are adorable, too!)
    Thank you so much for your comment on my blog the other day - I am so happy to be part of this amazing network of caring people. Looking forward to getting to know you better now that I have found you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks great, I will have to try it out. In 20-30 years, I will be able to post it on my blog.

    ReplyDelete