Wednesday, September 9, 2009

'Twas the Last Day Of Summer...

'Twas the last day of summer, and all through the house
Not a creature was stirring, not even my Spouse...

We had a very quiet, but productive, Labor Day. When I did venture out of the house (into the 95+ degree heat) I decided to take a field trip to a (fairly) recently opened store in Coppell. Where did I go, you ask? (Ok, humor me and pretend you asked)

SPROUTS


Sprouts is a chain of natural grocery stores. It's like farmer's market crossed with a health food store. All sorts of lovely things there. I went there to get corn on the cob, tomatoes, and to see if they carry Crunchmaster multi-seed crackers (awesome crackers).

Here's a shot of the bakery/coffee section.

And the produce section...

Some lovely fruit. (The man picking out plums next to me was a bit puzzled by my photography subjects. )

Ooh. Mangos. We love mangos. (Hanlie, I'll be trying the mango sorbet recipe soon.)

Here's a peek into my basket so far. Corn, check. Tomatoes, check. Other stuff I didn't go there to buy, check.



All in all, it was a lovely field trip on the last "official" day of summer. Oh, and they do carry the crackers I was looking for. And the Hansen's grapefruit soda, and the asparagus, and the Pirate's Booty Veggie, and the...I had fun! (grin)

And here's the final result. Dinner!














3 comments:

  1. Sprouts looks like an awesome store! Wish there was one near me, LoL.

    And as always...Your dinner looks DELICOUS! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. We just got Sprouts! I went on the first day, it was crazy and crowded but I loved it! The produce looks so good. The black grapes were mah-velous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know we're getting one in our 'burb, right? I saw a sign up. It's still just an empty field (and I kind of wish they'd leave it that way...) but they claim it's gonna have a Sprouts.

    ReplyDelete